New Concept English Two 8 19

时间:2024-04-04 20:37:21

pls  practice every day

$课文17 青春常驻

161. My aunt Jennifer is an actress.

我的姑姑詹妮弗是位演员,

162. She must be at least thirty-five years old.

她至少也有35岁了。

163. In spite of this, she often appears on the stage as a young girl.

尽管如此,她却常在舞台上扮演小姑娘。

164. Jennifer will have to take part in a new play soon.

詹妮弗很快又要参加一个新剧的演出。

165. This time, she will be a girl of seventeen.

这一次,她将扮演一个17岁的少女。

166. In the play, she must appear in a bright red dress and long black stockings.

演出时她必须穿一条鲜红色的裙子和黑色的长筒袜。

167. Last year in another play, she had to wear short socks and a bright, orange-coloured dress.

去年在演另一个剧时,她不得不穿短袜和一件鲜艳的橘红色的衣服。

168. If anyone ever asks her how old she is, she always answers,

一旦有人问起她有多大年纪,她总是回答:

169. 'Darling, it must be terrible to be grown up!'

“亲爱的,长成大人真可怕啊!”

$课文18 他经常干这种事

170. After I had had lunch at a village pub, I looked for my bag.

我在一家乡村小酒店吃过午饭后,就找我的提包。

171. I had left it on a chair beside the door and now it wasn't there!

我曾把它放在门边的椅子上,可这会儿不见了!

172. As I was looking for it, the landlord came in.

当我正在寻找时,酒店老板走了进来。

173. 'Did you have a good meal?" he asked.

“您吃得好吗?”他问。

174. 'Yes, thank you,' I answered, 'but I can't pay the bill. I haven't got my bag.'

“很好,谢谢。”我回答,“但我付不了帐,我的提包没有了。”

175. The landlord smiled and immediately went out.

酒店老板笑了笑,马上走了出去。

176. In a few minutes he returned with my bag and gave it back to me.

一会儿工夫他拿着我的提包回来了,把它还给了我。

177. 'I'm very sorry,' he said. 'My dog had taken in into the garden. He often does this!'

“实在抱歉,”他说,“我的狗把它弄到花园里去了,他常干这种事!”

$课文19 票已售完

178. 'The play may begin at any moment,' I said.

“剧马上就要开演了,”我说。

179. 'It may have begun already,' Susan answered.

“也许已经开演了呢,”苏珊回答说。

180. I hurried to the ticket office. 'May I have two tickets please?' I asked.

我匆匆赶到售票处,问:“我可以买两张票吗?”

181. 'I'm sorry, we've sold out,' the girl said.

“对不起,票已售完。”那位姑娘说。

182. 'What a pity!' Susan exclaimed.

“真可惜!”苏珊大声说。

183. Just then, a man hurried to the ticket office.

正在这时,一个男子匆匆奔向售票处。

184. 'Can I return these two tickets?' he

asked.

“我可以退掉这两张票吗?”他问。

185. 'Certainly,' the girl said.

“当然可以,”那姑娘说。

186. I went back to the ticket office at once.

我马上又回到售票处。

187. 'Could I have those two tickets please?' I asked.

“我可以买那两张票吗?”我问。

188. 'Certainly,' the girl said, 'but they're for next Wednesday's performance. Do you still want them?'

“当然可以,不过这两张票是下星期三的,您是否还要呢?”

189. 'I might as well have them,' I said sadly.

“我还是买下的好,”我垂头丧气地说。