越狱Season 1-Episode 14: The Rat

时间:2022-03-24 03:22:45

Season 1, Episode 14: The Rat

-Michael: 24 hours from now,

24小时后

my brother is scheduled to die,

schedule: 预定,计划

我哥哥将被处死

but the way I see it,

但在我看来

24 hours from now we'll be out of the country.

24小时后, 我们会逃出美国

It's there.

就是这了

It can't be done.

撬不开

We're not getting out of here.

我们出不去了

-T-Bag: Unfortunately, Pretty,

unfortunately: 不幸地 pretty: 漂亮的人

真不走运, 帅哥

that is not an option.

option: 选择

你没得选择

You are gonna get us out of here.

gonna=going to: 将要

你要把我们带出去

-Michael: Unless you're gonna use your shank to take out the pipe,

unless: 除非 shank: 刀柄 pipe: 管道

除非你要用刀弄开管子

put it away.

拿开

-T-Bag: I'll put it in your neck, you don't get us out of here.

neck: 脖子

不带我们走就做了你

-Fernando: Bring it down a peg, T-Bag.

peg: 桩钉

把它拿开 T-bag

-T-Bag: Shut your mouth!

shut: 关闭

闭嘴

Remember, Pretty, I am serving life plus one.

remember: 记得 serve: 服役 plus: 另外还有

记着, 帅哥我是终生监禁

So if I get busted for attempted escape,

bust:逮捕,拘捕  attempt: 企图 escape: 逃跑

如果加上个企图逃脱

I'm gonna throw in a homicide, no problem. That's like a parking ticket to me.

homicide: 杀人罪

再杀几个人也无所谓了

-Sarah: You okay?

你还好吗

-Burrows: Felt sick again.

sick: 恶心的

又恶心了

-Sarah: Yeah, you took your I.V. s out.

I.V =intravenous: 静脉注射

是啊,你把输液管拔了

-Burrows: Yeah, I didn't want to throw up on the floor, so I just came to the drain.

drain: 排水沟

我不想吐在地上,所以来下水管这

Just let me walk this off. I'll be fine.

忍忍就会好的

-Sarah: Lincoln, there is no reason for you to be here if your I.V. isn't in.

如果你不输液,就没必要在这里

-* guard: Everything all right in here

一切都好?

-Sarah: It's fine.

很好

-* guard: Why isn't he cuffed to the table?

cuff: 给…戴上手铐

他为什么坐起来了?

-Sarah: What's he gonna do, steal a cotton ball?

steal: 偷 cotton: 棉花 ball: 球

他能怎么样? 偷棉球吗?

-* guard: Can't have him walking around Doc. You know that

医生, 不能让他乱走

-T-Bag: shh!

-Fernando: What was that?

什么声音?

-* guard: Put your wrist out.

wrist: 手腕

把手伸出来

You gonna turn this into something? I'm not gonna say it again.

不要敬酒不吃吃罚酒我不会再说

Put your wrist out.

把手伸出来

Hey, Keith, come check this out!

嘿, Keith 过来看下

Keith?

Keith

-Westmoreland: We got to go.

我们得回去

Now.

现在就走

Give me the rope.

rope: 绳子

把绳子给我

Give me the rope now!

把绳子给我!

Tie that off.

tie: 绑

绑住

Okay, I'm down.

我下去了

-Fernando: We got to go, Michael.

我们要走了, Michael

It's done. Let's go.

走吧

-* guard: Did it break off or did someone break it?

自己断了, 还是有人干的?

- Keith: I don't know.

我不清楚

-* guard: Here's the other half.

这是另一半

-Berwick: Hey, hey.

-Sharkey: What's up, Brad?

怎么,Brad?

-Berwick: Heading over to Sharkey's. It's twofer Tuesday. Want to hoist a few?

twofer: 买二赠一   hoist: 起重机 形容像起重机一般去吃东西

啤酒狂欢星期二就结束了要不要去来几杯

-Sharkey: Man, I would love to,

我很想

but my wife is cooking dinner, and I told her I would be home.

cook: 做饭,烹饪

但我老婆做晚饭, 我说了要回去

-Berwick: Wuss. Anybody else

wuss: 懦弱的人,胆小鬼

面瓜,还有别人吗

Suit yourselves.

suit: 满足

随便你们

Hey, none of the Sheetrock in front of the break room's been touched.

sheetrock: 石膏灰胶纸夹板  break: 休息

石膏板都还在外面

-* guard: Ah, the P.I. 's letting it dry out.

P.I=* industry: *工厂

我要PI的人弄干的

-Berwick: Still?

还在弄?

-Fernando: Westmoreland!

Westmoreland

-Westmoreland: I'm caught on something.

我被卡住了

-Fernando: Come on! Come on! Come on! Come on!

快点, 快点

-Michael: Stay there. Stay down there.

不要上来, 等一会

-Berwick: Why was this door locked?

lock: 上锁

为什么锁门?

-T-Bag: Wasn't locked, boss.

boss: 老板,头儿

没锁啊, 老大

The fan kept pushing it open,

fan: 风扇

风扇总把门吹开

so we just had to wedge it closed.

wedge: 把…楔住 closed: 关着的

我们就把它关上了

-Berwick: You've been in here all night not doing a damn thing.

damn: 该死的

你们一个晚上什么都没做

-Fernando: Room is still wet, boss. Nothing we could do.

屋子还是湿的, 我们做不了什么

It's not like we were having a picnic.

picnic: 野餐

我们在这也不是野餐来着

-Berwick: Bunch of shiftless, nogood convicts.

shiftless: 懒惰的 nogood: 毫无用处的 convict: 犯人

偷懒是不行的, 犯人们

You got something to say, Scofield?

你有意见, Scofield?

Wrap it up. And all four of you, get your asses back to the block.

ass: 屁股  block: 隔离(单独监禁)

收拾下, 你们四个再滚回牢里

Get these nitwits back to the cell block.

nitwit: * cell: 牢房 block: 地区

把他们押回牢去

You seem to be one light.

light: 人手不足的

你们好像少了一人

-Westmoreland: Right here, boss.

在这呢, 老大

-Franklin: Oh, no. No way!

不! 不!

I should be halfway to seeing my family right now!

halfway: 半路上

现在应该在见家人的路上了

-* guard: Let's go.

走吧

Now!

马上!

Keep it moving.

动起来

moving!

-Fernando: You think he knows?

他会知道的

Lincoln.

Lincoln

-Journalist: I'm here with Henry Pope, who is the warden of Fox River Penitentiary,

warden: *长 penitentiary: *

这位是Henry Pope 狐狸河*的典狱长

where Lincoln Burrows is scheduled to die

scheduled: 预定的

Lincoln Burrows将在这里被送上电椅

by electrocution at 12:01 a.m. tomorrow.

electrocution: 以电刑处死

标准时间明晨1点

Warden Pope, can you tell me

Pope狱长, 能否告诉我们

what's going to happen in the next few hours?

接下来几小时将会发生什么事

-Pope: There are strict Department of Corrections guidelines that govern every aspect of anexecution.

strict: 严格的 department: 部门 correction: 惩戒,惩罚 guidelines: 指导方针

govern: 决定  aspect: 方面 execution: 行刑

司法部有严格的守则包括行刑的每个细节

Measures taken to make sure that the process goes as smoothly as possible.

measure: 措施 process: 过程 smoothly: 顺利地

会有一定措施确保行刑过程顺利

-Journalist:Such as?

例如

-Pope: The correctional officers will do a walkthrough. We'll review the list of witnesses.

correctional: 改正的 officer: 警官 walkthrough: 演练 review: 检核 witness: 目击者

狱警会检查现场检查观看者名单

The chair will be checked and rechecked to make sure there's no problem.

check: 检查,核实

电椅会被再三检查确保万无一失

-Journalist:And Mr. Burrows himself?

至于Burrows先生

Have you spoken with him?

你跟他交谈过吗?

What are his thoughts in these final hours?

thought: 想法 final: 最后的

他在生命的终点有什么想法?

-Pope: I would say that's between him and his God.

那是他和上帝之间的交流

-Journalist:And maybe the governor.

governor: 州长

或许还有州长

I understand Burrows' attorneys are going to request a stay.

understand: 听说,闻知 attorney: 律师 request: 请求 stay: [法律]延期执行,缓期执行

据我所知Burrow的律师们正在请求延期

-Pope: I wish them the best of luck.

wish: 愿望,希望

但愿他们好运

-Journalist: Does that mean you believe he's innocent?

innocent: 无罪的

这是否表明你相信他是清白的?

-Pope: It means... I believe in the process,

process: 程序

这表明,我相信程序

but I don't relish the prospect of taking another man's life.

relish: 欣赏,喜好 prospect: 期望的事物;将要发生的事

但夺走一个人的生命并不值得庆贺

Whether it's just or not,

just: 正义

不管是否正义

there's no joy that lies before us today.

joy: 欢乐 lie: 说谎

今天的气氛不可能欢快

-Journalist: Okay, thank you very much Warden.

warden: *长

感谢狱长先生

And we will be here with you throughout the night

throughout: 自始至终

我们将会整晚在此

watching and waiting to see if Lincoln Burrows does, in fact,

见证Lincoln Burrows成为

become only the 13th person to be executed in the State of Illinois since 1976.

execute: 将…处死

伊利诺伊州 1976年以来的第13名死刑犯

-Fernando: Just so you got one less thing to worry about,

如果你心里放不下

I want you to know

我想告诉你

I am not mad at you.

mad: 生气的

我不怪你

-Michael: Thank you.

谢谢

-Fernando: How long until...

还有多久?

-Michael: 16 hours.

16小时

Are his lawyers making any progress?

lawyer: 律师 progress: 进展

律师有什么进展?

-Fernando: Is there still a chance with that?

chance: 机会

还有机会吗?

-Michael: No.

没有

There's only one person who can really stop this execution.

只有一个人能终止行刑

I need to see my brother.

我要见我哥哥

Just to talk,

只是聊聊

for five minutes.

5分钟

-Sarah: Yeah. Yeah, I'll try.

好, 好的, 我试试看

Um...

嗯...

I'm sorry.

很抱歉

I'm told that you have to wait until final visitation.

visitation: 探望

他说你只能等待临终告别

-Michael: Would you talk to your father for me?

你会向你父亲求情吗? 为了我?

Please?

求你

-Sarah: Believe me, my father knows where I stand on the death penalty,

penalty: 处罚,惩罚

相信我, 我父亲知道我对死刑的立场

and I'm just as clear on his stance...

stance: 态度,立场

我很清楚地表示过

-Michael: Sara, uh, Dr. Tancredi, I'm sorry.

Sara...对不起 Tancredi医生

This is not about the morality of the death penalty.

morality: 道德观

这不是死刑的道德争论

This is...

这是

This is about killing an innocent

innocent: 无辜的

是杀死一个无辜的人

my brother.

我哥哥

And, surely, your father can't be in favor of that.

surely: 的确地

相信你父亲也不会赞同

Just talk to Lincoln's attorneys,

attorney: 律师

让他和Lincoln的律师谈谈

just for an hour,

一个小时

and I swear to God, you'll be convinced of his innocence.

swear: 发誓 convince: 说服  innocence: 无罪

我发誓他会被说服

-Sarah: Michael,

Michael

I would pick up the phone right now if I thought there was any chance that I could make adifference.

difference: (情况的)重要变化;明显效果

如果我能改变我会毫不迟疑地拿起电话

But you have to understand.

你要理解

I'm the last person in the world that my father listens to.

我是我父亲最不愿听的人

He hates what I do, he hates what I believe in.

hate: 讨厌

他讨厌我的工作, 讨厌我的信念

And if I'm the one asking for clemency for your brother,

clemency: 宽恕,宽容

我向他请求特赦你哥哥

your brother won't get it.

不可能成功

I'm sorry!

我很抱歉

-Nike: Look, if Terrence Steadman is still alive, Lyle, then it can't be Terrence Steadman buriedin the ground.

alive: 活着的 bury: 埋葬

如果Terrence Stedman还活着他不可能埋在地里

- Lyle: Yeah, but a secret informant claims that Steadman is still alive?

secret: 秘密的 informant: 告密者 claim: 声称 alive: 活着的

但是一个告密者声称Stedman还活着?

I don't know, Nick, it all sounds pretty farfetched.

sound: 听起来 pretty: 相当地 farfetched: 牵强的

在我看来, Nick, 这很不可靠

-Nike: You're his clerk, just get us on the docket.

clerk: 文书 docket: 备审案件目录表;诉讼名册

你是法官的文书, 给我们个机会

- Lyle: Nick, you're asking him to commit political suicide

commit: 做…事 political: 政治的 suicide: 自杀

你这是要断送他的政治前途

by granting a stay of execution to Illinois' most notorious death row inmate.

grant: 批准 notorious: 臭名昭著的 inmate: 囚犯

阻挠对伊利诺伊最恶劣的囚犯执行死刑

-Veronica: Officially, all we're asking is for an exhumation order.

officially: 官方地 exhumation: 尸体挖掘 order: 命令,许可

我们只要求获得挖坟开棺许可

If he grants it, he can order a stay until the tests are come in.

test: 测验

看看Terrence Stedman是否下葬了

- Lyle: An exhumation order?

开棺许可?

Well that's better digging up the vice president's brother.

dig: 挖 vice: 副 president: 总统

这下更好去扒副总统弟弟的坟

No way.

没门

-Nike: Lyle, Lyle, look, we took Intro to Civ Pro together, remember?

Intro to Civ Pro=Introduction to Civil Procedure: 民事诉讼的介绍(书名)

不不, 我们过去关系不错

We studied for the bar, day and night, in that crappy little apartment of yours,

bar: 律师职业 crappy: 蹩脚的  apartment: 公寓

我们藏身于纽约的破公寓为了执照疯狂看书

talking about how we're going to make a difference.

发誓要改变世界

- Lyle: Nick, you filed an eleventh hour motion,

motion: 动议 file: 提出

Nick, 你的动议11小时内有效

and Judge Kessler's docket is full this afternoon...

judge: 法官 docket: 诉讼事件表

Kessler法官下午的时间是满的

-Nike: Come on, Lyle, everyone knows you run that courtroom.

run: 管理  courtroom: 法庭

得了Lyle, 我知道法庭听你安排

You can't adjust things around a bit?

adjust: 调整 a bit: 多少

不能稍微调整一下?

-Veronica: The informant that was killed yesterday I was there.

告密者昨天被杀了, 我在场

I know firsthand these people will do whatever they can to frame Lincoln for Steadman'smurder.

firsthand: 直接的 whatever: 无论什么事 frame: 陷害  murder: 谋杀

我敢说这些人为了陷害Lincoln可以不择手段

All we're asking is to be heard.

我们只要求能陈述我们的疑点

- Lyle: I'll give you 15 minutes this afternoon that's it!

下午我给你们15分钟

-Nike: Thank you.

谢谢

-Veronica: Thank you.

谢谢

- Lyle: Yeah, you're welcome.

别客气

-Michael: He doesn't even know what happened.

他还不知道怎么回事

-Fernando: He knows you tried.

他知道你尽力了

-Michael: Do you think so?

你这么认为?

-Fernando: He's your brother; he knows you,

他是你哥哥,他了解你

so yes.

所以...是的

-Michael: I promised I would get him out of here.

promise: 保证

我向他保证过, 救他出去

-T-Bag: You promised a lot of people, Pretty.

pretty: 漂亮的人

你向很多人保证过, 小帅

-Fernando: Enough, man, all right?

enough: 行了!够了!别再说了!

走开点, 好吧?

-T-Bag: This don't concern you, boy.

concern: 关系到

不关你事, 小子

You don't get a man's hopes up like that, and then just...

你让别人的希望这样悬着

-Fernando: Back up or I'll beat your skinny ass into the ground.

beat: 打 skinny: 皮包骨的  ass: 屁股

滚开, 否则我揍扁你这把瘦骨头

And it wouldn't take much to do it.

一点也不难

-* guard: All right, ladies, Rec time's over; back on the block!

rec=recreation: 娱乐休息 block: 地区,牢区

放风结束, 回监仓

-T-Bag: You owe me a ticket out of here, Pretty.

owe: 欠

你欠我一张出去的票, 小帅

And I will collect.

collect: 收集

我会来收的

-Westmoreland: I'm really am sorry about your brother.

对你哥哥的事我很遗憾

-Michael: Thanks.

谢谢

Look, I know you were counting on this, so...

我知道你也指望这次,所以...

-Westmoreland: Let me worry about my problems.

我的问题留给我自己担心

I know you've got enough on your mind right now.

你负担的已经够多

For what it's worse,

更糟的是

over the years ,I've known...

多年来我知道的

...a few men who have sat on that chair,

有几个人上了电椅

and as the day gets near,

日期逼近

all you can really do is pray it goes quick.

pray: 起到

你只想祈祷它快点到来

Once, about ten years ago, there was a man

有一次,大概10年前有个人

caught a few sparks,

spark: 火花

保险丝熔断了

not enough to do the job.

没能电死

Had to wait another three weeks while they reset the whole process

reset: 重新设置 process: 程序

要等3个星期, 重新制定程序

It may sound crazy,

crazy: 异常的,古怪的

听着也许很怪

but he said it was the worst three weeks of his life,

他说这是他生命中最难受的3个星期

cause it not the lightning that kills you... it's the wait.

lightning: 闪电,放电

杀死你的不是电流, 是等待

So take solace in the fact that you brother's wait is over.

solace: 安慰  over: 结束的

静下心来, 让你哥哥的等待早日结束吧

-Michael: So if something happens to the chair,

这么说, 如果电椅出问题

he's got three me weeks?

他能得到3星期

-Westmoreland: There's a lot of protocol in killing a man.

protocol: 协议

杀死一个人需要很多手续

A new death warrant, another medical clearance...

warrant: 批准,授权令 medical: 医疗的 clearance: 清空

新的死刑令, 一份死亡通知书

-Michael: A lot can happen in three weeks.

这3个星期内说不定就发生什么

-David: Yo, what the grapes, yo?

grape: 葡萄

聊什么呢?

-Michael: Thanks.

谢谢

-David: What y'all talking about?

在谈什么?

-David: Nothing.

没什么

-* guard: Keep it together, come on!

跟紧, 走, 跟紧

-Michael: I'm going in.

我要进去

-Fernando: It's daytime.

daytime: 白天

现在可是大白天

I'll hang a sheet.

hang: 悬挂 sheet: 床单

好吧我来晾床单

-Sarah: Do you have any questions about...

有什么要问的? 关于...

what's going to happen tonight?

今晚会发生什么?

-Burrows: When I get to eat, where I'm supposed to walk,

要吃饭,还要走走

how it's gonna feel when they tighten the belts...

gonna=going to: 将会 tighten: 拉紧 belt: 带

还要坐上去试试松紧

Any of that gonna help come midnight?

你觉得这有用么?

-Sarah: Some feel it's best to be prepared.

prepared: 有准备的

有人喜欢准备好一点

-Burrows: How's Michael?

Michael怎么样?

-Sarah: He's anxious to see you.

anxious: 急切的

迫切想见你

Unfortunately, we've been told that that's not possible until final visitation.

unfortunately: 不幸地 possible: 可能的

但是不可以, 只能等最后探访

-Burrows: You've been through this before?

through: 经过

你以前经历过这些吗?

-Sarah: No.

从来没有

Just so you know, a doctor needs to be present, so,

present: 在场的

只是医生必须在场的,所以...

for what it's worth, I'll be there tonight.

worth: 值得的

我想我整晚都在这里

-Burrows: Can I ask a favor?

favor: 帮忙,好意

能求你点事吗?

-Sarah: Yeah. What?

当然,什么事?

-Burrows: When I'm gone, can you...

我死了以后,你...

Will you look out for my brother?

你能帮我照顾我弟弟吗?

-Fernando: What were you doing back there?

你回到里面去干什么?

-Berwick: So you like doing that, too?

这样还不错吧?

-David: Dipping the fry in a shake? Hells yeah.

dip: 蘸 fry: (美)法式炸薯条 shake: 摇晃;摇荡 hell: [作加强语气词]究竟,到底

在奶昔里蘸? 当然喜欢

-Berwick: Good times. Good times

不错不错

So what's going on out there?

那么...里面有什么情况?

-David: Nothing, you know? Just staying out of trouble.

没什么,我自己尽量少惹麻烦就行了

-Berwick: I meant in terms of any... "office gossip" you might have for me.

gossip: 小道消息,内幕新闻

我的意思是,有没有什么内部消息告诉我

-David: So check it. This one fool has been trying to cop a joint. So I'll keep ear hustling for that.

check: 查看 fool: 蠢蛋 cop:偷窃,小偷小摸 joint: 大麻烟卷 hustle: 卖力做

这么说吧,有个蠢蛋想偷大麻我会帮你留意的

-Berwick: We had an agreement. You were supposed to birddog Scofield and get back to me.

agreement: 协定 birddog: 细心观察

我们是有约定的好好盯着Scofield,及时跟我报

corner: 困境,绝境 trust: 相信

老兄,我很努力了,我已经很接近了相信我,没什么新发现罢了

-Berwick: I seen you talking to him in the yard and the geezer.

geezer: 老头

我看见你和他在放风的时候说话了你说没新发现?

-David: Yeah, I talked to Scofield but he is not told me nothing.

我是跟他说了话,但他什么也没跟我说啊

-Berwick: Then it's a hundred bucks for the burger and fries.

buck: 美金 burger: 汉堡包 fries: 薯条

我告诉你这汉堡包花了我百来块钱了哦

-David: Boss, you know I do not get no money.

boss: 老板,老大,头子

你又没让我付钱...

-Berwick: Then you better start selling your ass. A hundred bucks by the end of this shift,

ass: 屁股 shift: 轮班,班次

不还钱不要紧你要是再不给我弄到点东西

or there's gonna be a bidding war to see who gets you as their new cellie.

bid: 投标 cellie=cellmate: 狱友

...你等着去见你的新室友吧

Beat it.

滚吧

-David: In the yard today,

yard: 院子

那个...今天...

I did hear Scofield say something.

我是感觉Scofield说了些什么...

He said if something goes wrong with the chair,

他说椅子有什么问题

his brother gets three more weeks to live.

还说了什么还可以多活三个礼拜

-Berwick:  We're square. Get out of here.

square: 扯平了

我们扯平了,可以滚了

How's it going in here?

准备的怎么样了?

-Geary: Ready for liftoff

liftoff: 发射

一切就绪

-Berwick: Chair's working?

work: 起作用,有效

椅子运行正常?

-Geary: Yeah. Why?

是啊,怎么了?

-Berwick: Run a test.

run: 进行 test: 测试

再测试一次

-Geary: Already did. The electrical contractor signed off on the diagnostic this morning. We'regood to go.

already: 已经 electrical: 电的 contractor: 定约人 diagnostic: 诊断的

我已经和电厂签好协议了,没问题了

-Berwick: Run it again.

我要再测试一次

-Geary: Why?

为什么?

-Berwick: Run it.

照做就是了

Is not working

不起作用了

-Geary: Son of a bitch

bitch: 母狗,婊子

狗娘养的

I don't know what could have happened.

我不知道这是怎么回事

-Fernando: So once they redo all the paperwork,

once: 一旦 redo: 重做 paperwork: 文书工作

你哥要等手续办好才能死

your brother gets three more weeks.

这样我们又多了几个礼拜?

-Michael: Right.

是的

-Fernando: So we got time.

那我们有时间了咯?

-Michael: Not a lot, but some.

没多少

-Fernando: Are we still going through the infirmary?

infirmary: 医务室

还是从边上出去?

-Michael: If I corrode that pipe again, they'll know something's up.

corrode: 腐蚀 pipe: 管道

如果我再次腐蚀管道,他们会发现不对劲的

-Fernando: You got another way?

你有其他路?

-Michael: Right now, I'm just worried about getting through tonight.

先过了今天再说吧

-Geary: Careful, there's 2,000 volts running through that thing.

volt: 伏特

小心点,两千伏的高压呢

Oh, God.

哦~老天

-Burrows: I want to see my brother.

我要见我弟弟

-* guard: When we move you to Final Visitation

在临终接见室前还有点事要办...

-Burrows: When's that?

什么事?

-* guard: Right after we do this

干完这个就可以见了

Just...

等一下...

It's your last day, Linc.

这是你的最后一天了,Linc

I would prefer to keep you out of cuffs as much as possible, but...

prefer: 更喜欢,宁可 cuff: 手铐

你可以不带手铐,但是...

I need some assurances.

assurance: 保证

你得跟我保证你不会惹麻烦

-Burrows: You have always been straightup with me, Stolte. You have my word.

你对我一直都很坦诚  我不会食言

-Veronica: Your Honor, from the outset, Mr. Burrows' case has been tainted by a conspiracy

honor=honour: [常作H](前与his, your等连用)阁下;大人 outset: 开始 case: 案子 taint: 玷污 conspiracy: 阴谋

法官大人从一开始Burrow先生的案子就是一个阴谋

characterized by destruction of evidence, distortion of the truth, and witness intimidation.

characterized: 赋予 destruction: 毁灭 evidence: 证据 distortion: 歪曲

witness : 证人,目击者 intimidation: 恐吓

证物之被毁,真相之掩盖而有失公正

-Tucci: Again, Judge, I have to object.

object: 反对

法官大人,我再一次反对

These are some serious accusations

serious: 严重的 accusation: 控告

对方的称述含有非常严重的侮蔑

with absolutely no proof.

absolutely: 完全地 proof: 证据

而且丝毫没有证据可言

-Veronica: No proof? What have I been arguing for the past 20 minutes?

past: 过去的 argue: 辩论,论证

没有证据?那我前面二十分钟在干什么?

-Tucci: You got me.

谁知道呢?

-Nike: Judge Kessler, Mr. Tucci might not appreciate the weight of what we've just presented,

appreciate: 理解,领会 weight: 重量,分量 present: 提出,陈述

法官大人控方大概不大理解我们的表述方式

but surely you must.

surely: 的确地

但相信请您一定充分理解了

As Ms. Donovan stated, a top...

state: 陈述

正如Donovan小姐所说

video forensic analyst has disputed the authenticity of a surveillance tape

forensic: 法医的 analyst: 分析者 dispute: 对…提出质疑 authenticity: 真实性surveillance: 监控

一位顶尖视频鉴定分析师对Lincoln Burrows案

that was the key piece of evidence in convicting Lincoln Burrows.

key: 关键的 convict:证明…有罪

关键证据的真实性表示怀疑

-Tucci:That's the tape that no longer exists, right?

tape: 录像带;磁带 exist: 存在

你说的是那盘已经不存在了的录像带?

-Veronica: Because your client had it destroyed.

client: 委托人 destroy: 销毁

那是因为你的委托人销毁了录像带

-Tucci: Unless my client is a rusted water pipe in the County Records office, I'm afraid you'remistaken.

unless: 除非 rusted: 生锈的 pipe: 管道 County: 县 afraid: 恐怕 mistake: 搞错

除非我的委托人在县资料室里预先加装了个水管...

-Nike: Judge, Ms. Donovan's apartment was blown up in an attempt to silence both her and me.

apartment: 公寓 blown up: 爆炸 silence: 使安静

法官,Donovan小姐的公寓的突然爆炸是为了封住她和我的嘴

-Tucci: That was independently corroborated as a gas leak, Your Honor.

independently: 无关的;独立的 corroborate: 确证,证实 leak: 泄露

这只是和案件没有关系的瓦斯泄漏事件法官大人

-Veronica: Judge, a month ago, a Secret Service agent named Paul Kellerman visited my office.

agent: 特工  name: 名叫

法官大人,大概一个月前一个名叫 Paul Kellerman的特工来过我的办公室

I saw Kellerman last night, when he shot and killed another agent, Daniel Hale

shoot: 射击

我看见他在昨晚杀了另一名特工 Daniel Hill

right after Hale told me that Terrence Steadman was alive and well.

就在当晚他告诉我副总统弟弟依然毫发无伤

-Tucci: Your Honor, I'm presenting to the clerk

present: 呈现 clerk: 书记员

法官大人,我在这里呈上有

an affidavit from the Director of the Secret Service agency.

affidavit: (经陈述者宣誓在法律上可采作证据的)书面陈述 director: 主管 agency: 机关

特勤机关提供的名单

It states that at no time has there ever been

state: 陈述

里面从来就没有过

an agent of that organization by the name of Paul Kellerman, or Daniel Hale.

organization: 组织

Paul Kellerman和Daniel Hill 这两个人

In addition, there were no other witnesses to this shooting.

shooting: 枪击

另外关于此次枪击没有其他的证人

No bullets were found,

bullet: 子弹

没有在现场发现子弹

no blood, no shell casings.

casing: 壳 shell: 弹壳

没有血迹,没有弹壳

The only witness to this alleged murder is Veronica Donovan,

alleged: (尤指在证据不足的情况下)被指控的;被指称的 murder: 谋杀

这次所谓暗杀的唯一目击者只有Donovan小姐一人

Lincoln Burrows' exgirlfriend

ex: 以前的

同时她也是林肯的前女友

Now, Your Honor, I feel for Ms. Donovan.

法官大人我对Donovan小姐的遭遇感到很抱歉

-Veronica: Save it.

你省省吧

-Tucci: I do. But desperation causes desperate acts.

desperation: 绝望 cause: 导致  act: 行为

我是真心的但是通常绝望的情绪会引来绝望的行为

And that's what we're seeing here today, Your Honor.

所以才有了我们今天这次开庭

My client, the Vice President of the United States...

vice: 副的 President: 总统

我的委托人...美利坚合众国的副总统

-Nike: Judge Kessler...

法官大人...

- Judge: Do either of you have any evidence that is admissible?

either: (两者之中)任一的 admissible: [法律](证据)容许提出的;可接受的,可信的

你们两个是否有确凿的证据?

Even just tangible

tangible: 不含糊的,明白的

哪怕切实一点也好啊

Your claims, if true, are terrifying.

claim: 主张 terrifying: 使人害怕的

你们的称述如果是蛮真实的会把我都吓坏的

But anything, or anyone, that could verify

verify: 证明

但是所有能证明的人...

your story is either gone, missing or dead.

missing: 失踪的

不是失踪了就是死了

I know time is of the essence.

essence: 本质,精髓

我知道时间很紧迫

I'll reserve judgment for now.

reserve: 保留 judgment: 宣判

现在暂不做决定

I'll take your arguments into consideration,

argument: 证言,论点 consideration: 考虑

你们的证言都将作为我考虑的依据

and I'll have a decision within a few hours.

decision: 判决 within: 不超过

我会在几个小时内公布宣判结果

-mechanic: These little bastards are the bane of my existence, I swear to God.

bastard: 杂种 bane: 灾星 existence: 生存 swear: 发誓

这些小混蛋是整个电力系统的大敌

-Geary: You get this a lot?

经常有这种事?

-mechanic: Yeah, they're attracted to the heat when they're cold, plus, they got collapsible

attract: 吸引 heat: 热 plus: 加上  collapsible: 可收缩的

它们会被热源吸引而且有收缩的椎骨什么的

vertebrae or some deal, so they can squeez

vertebrae: 椎骨 deal: 事情 squeez: 变薄

如果必要的话它们能钻进很小的缝隙

-Geary: And he shorted the wire just by biting on it?

short: 使(电路等)短路 wire: 电线 bite: 咬

然后它在咬电线的时候就被电击?

-mechanic: Not by chewing on the wire alone, but if the tail touches metal,

chew: 咬,嚼  tail: 尾巴 touch: 接触   metal: 金属

光是咬电线不会, 一旦尾巴碰到金属

it acts as a ground, and boom, fuse pops. Along with the rat.

act:起作用 boom: 发出隆隆声 fuse: 保险丝 pop: 突然爆开

就等于接上了地端保险丝就爆了, 老鼠也是

-Geary: I'll be damned.

damned: 可恶的

可恶!

-Berwick: So, can you change the fuse?

那你能更换掉吗?

-mechanic: Yeah, there's another one right here in the box.

可以,得先去填几张表

-Berwick: Can do it now?

现在就干不行吗?

-mechanic: Right after I notify the State and fill out the paperwork

notify: 报告 state: * paperwork: 文书工作

找*去抱怨我还有一大堆手续要办呢

-Berwick: Now, hold up a minute, you two. Both of you

等..等一下,老兄你们两个

We're gonna give more time

我可不会给你很多时间

to a guy who killed the Vice President's brother?

那家伙杀了副总统的弟弟

This guy's a terrorist.

terrorist: *

他是个*

-mechanic: Forget about losing our jobs,

lose: 失去

别这么快担心丢饭碗的事...

we could all face charges.

charge: 控诉,指责 face: 面对

这样做要受处罚的哦

-Berwick: Only the three of us know.

这里只有我们三个...

Real easy to keep it that way

keep: 保密

很容易保密的

-mechanic: It's your guys' call.

call: 判定

你们决定吧

-Fernando: How much longer?

还有多少时间

-Michael: Six hours.

六小时

-Berwick: Open on 40!

40号,开门

Scofield, your brother's gonna be transported to Final Visitation soon. You can meet himthere.

transport: 运送

Scofield,你哥哥要被送到临终接见室了你可以去那里见他

You look surprised.

surprised: 感到惊讶的

你看上去很惊讶啊

You knew it was scheduled today.

scheduled: 预定的,事先安排的

你应该知道是今天的

-Michael: NO I...

不...

-Berwick: You were saying?

你想说什么?

-* guard: They'll be transporting you to Final Visitation in a minute.

transport: 运送

你很快就会被送到临终告别室

Thanks for keeping your word, Linc.

谢谢你保守承诺

- Louis: Linc, you're gonna have to change into these.

Lin,你要换上这些

-Burrows: What's that?

什么东西?

- Louis: At the moment of death, the body becomes incontinent, so...

incontinent: [医学](大小便等)失禁的

死的那刻, 你会失禁

-Burrows: It's a diaper?

diaper: 尿布

尿布

- Louis: Yeah.

是的

You need to wear it.

你要穿上

-Burrows: Make me.

我不穿

- Louis: It's a good luck, huh?

好运

-Burrows: for the electricity. Hair gets in the way or something.

electricity: 电

为了导电, 头发有电阻

-Michael: I did everything I could.

我做了一切能做的

-Burrows: I know you did.

我知道

Last time I had my head shaved was

shave: 刮,剃

上次刮头是...

when I was running with Derek.

和Derek在一起的时候

Remember Derek?

记得他吗

-Michael: yeah.

记得

-Michael: Bet me 40 bucks I wouldn't shave it.

bet: 打赌 buck: 钱 shave: 刮

他打赌40块, 我不愿刮头

I said, make it 100.

我说"加到100"

Still owes me.

owe: 欠

还欠着我呢

-Michael: Have you heard from Veronica?

你有Veronica的消息吗?

-Burrows: She's supposed to be coming.

她会过来

-Michael: is there any news on the appeal?

appeal: 上诉

上诉有什么消息吗

-Burrows: No

没有

-Michael: Cause there could still be a chance...

chance: 机会

还有...

-Burrows: Stop it. Michael, please.

Michael, 不要说了

This thing's gonna happen.

不会成功的

I got to get my head straight.

我得面对现实了

Let's just share memories, swap stories

share: 分享 memory: 记忆 swap: 交换

我们可以分享记忆, 讲故事

talk about the damn weather,

damn: 该死的

谈谈天气

anything but torturing myself with the idea of hope.

torture: 折磨

任何事, 但求不要用希望来折磨我

I can't take it anymore.

anymore: 再也(不)

我已不能承受

-Michael: All right.

好吧

-Veronica: You can't go, LJ.

你不能去, LJ

- L.J: I don't care.

care: 在乎

我不在乎

I have to see him.

我得见他

-Nike: You can't go to the *.

你不能去*

You'll never make it through the gate.

你连门都到不了

There will be cops everywhere.

cop: 警察

到处都有警察

-Veronica: Look, you got to wait until we get all this cleared up, all right?

你一定要等到澄清之后

-Nike: It's the judge's clerk.

clerk: 办事员;文书

法官的文书

Lyle, what do you got?

Lyle, 有什么消息

Yeah.

Thanks, man.

谢谢, 兄弟

-Veronica: They ruled against us.

rule: 裁决;裁定

他们投了反对票

-Nike: Yeah.

是的

-Veronica: I'm going to go and see him.

我打个电话要求见他

-Nike: I'm going to stay here with LJ.

我和LJ在一起

You gonna be okay going alone?

你一个人去没问题吧?

-Veronica: Yeah, I'm going to be fine.

我没事的

-Nike: Tell Lincoln...

告诉Lincoln

you know, just, we tried.

我们努力了

-Nike: Go to the back room. Go!

到后面的房间, 走

-Sarah: You're the attorneys for Lincoln Burrows?

attorney: 律师

你们是Lincoln Burrows的律师?

-Burrows: You letting me win, Michael?

你要故意让我赢? Michael?

-Michael: No.

不会

-Burrows: Show me your cards.

card: 纸牌

让我看你的牌

-Michael: I'm not going to show you my cards.

我不会让你看我的牌

-Burrows: Show me your cards.

让我看看

-Michael: I'm not going to show you my cards.

不可能

-Burrows: Give me your cards.

牌给我

-Michael: Gin.

gin: [美国英语](在玩金罗美牌戏中)赢牌,得分

我赢

-Burrows: Funny, that.

funny: 有趣的

有意思

-Michael: Three out of five

五局三胜好了

How often would you make those for LJ?

你经常给LJ做这个么?

-Burrows: Whenever I had him on weekends

weekend: 周末

差不多每个周末

Maybe the only decent thing I ever did for him.

decent: 相当好的,像样的

唯一一件我为他做的好事

-Michael: No. You were there for him.

不, 你一直在他身边

-Burrows: Not enough.

远远不够

I don't know how they can stomach stuff before...

stomach: 能吃下 stuff: 东西

不知道我以前怎么那么喜欢吃

-Veronica: We lost the appeal.

上诉失败了

Your friend Sara came by, though.

你的朋友Sara过来了

-Michael: Did she hear you out?

她听了你们的陈述?

-Veronica: She did.

她听了

-Michael: Is she going to talk to her father?

她会跟她父亲谈?

-Veronica: I sure as hell hope so.

我当然希望如此

-Burrows: It doesn't matter any more, guys.

无关紧要了

You have done more than enough for me.

你们为我做的够多了

That's the most important thing.

这是最重要的

-Veronica: I couldn't bring LJ.

我不能带LJ来

-Burrows: I know.

我知道

-Veronica: I can get him on the phone, though.

我可以接通他的电话

-Burrows: What do I say?

我说些什么?

-Nike: LJ... it's your dad.

LJ, 你爸爸

- L.J: Hey, Dad.

嘿, 爸爸

-Burrows: LJ.

LJ

So, this is it.

是这样了

I want you to, uh... stick with Veronica and Nick and clear your name. You'll be all right.

clear: 澄清

我要你跟Veronica和Nick在一起如果可以的话

- L.J: I wish I could be there, Dad.

我希望能在那里陪你

-Burrows: Me, too.

我也是

- L.J: Cause there's something I want to tell you.

有些事我想跟你说

-Burrows: What's that?

什么?

- L.J: I had a dream last night. You and me were working on a house,

dream: 梦

昨晚我做了个梦你我一起在修葺房子

pounding nails.

pound: 敲打 nail: 钉子

敲钉子

And in the dream... it felt like we were older.

在梦里, 我感觉我们的年纪大都一些

It was so clear. The whole dream.

很真实的梦

And when I woke...I knew that today wasn't going to be the end.

wake: 醒来 end: 终点

当我醒来, 我知道今天不会是终点

That we'll see each other again, Dad

我们会再次见面, 爸爸

I know it.

我知道

I love you, Dad.

我爱你, 爸爸

-Sarah: Those numbers support Burrows' claim about Terrence Steadman's pending indictment.

support: 支持 claim: 声称,主张 pending: 悬而未决的 indictment: 控告

这些数字支持了burrows提出的Terrence Stedman的经济问题

Now, with the related murders,

related: 有关联的  murder: 谋杀

再联系到谋杀

and then the confidential informant,

confidential: 机密的  informant: 告密者

还有一个告密者

I just wanted to make sure that you were fully aware of the circumstances.

fully: 完全地 circumstance: 情况

我只是想提醒你从全局看这个案子

-Sarah’s father: I'm fully acquainted with the Burrows case, Sara,

acquainted: 知晓的 case: 案子

我对Burrows的案子非常熟悉

but I never heard about any of this.

但从没听过这些

-Sarah: Well, I hadn't either until I spoke with Burrows' attorneys this afternoon.

我也没有直到我今天下午和他的律师谈过

And I understand that most of this evidence is technically considered circumstantial,

technically: 严格依据法律的 considered: 被考虑的 circumstantial: 非本质的,不重要的

我知道, 这些在法理上是非直接证据

but I think you'll agree it's hard to ignore.

ignore: 忽视

但应该承认, 很难忽视

-Sarah’s father: How did you get involved with all this?

involve: 牵连

你怎么牵涉进来的?

-Sarah: These men are my patients.

patient: 病人

他是我的病人之一

It's my job advocate for them.

advocate: 拥护

我的工作是保护他们

-Sarah’s father: Come on, Sara,

行了, Sara

how many of these guys say that they are innocent? 80,90 percent?

percent: 百分之… innocent: 无辜的

他们有多少人声称无辜? 80%90%?

I mean, it's not like you're asking me for a new bike here, kid.

这不是说跟我要一辆自行车这么简单

Being tough on crime, capital punishment—

tough: 强硬的 crime: 犯罪 capital: 致命的   punishment: 惩罚

对犯罪和刑罚不手软

it's all part of a philosophy that I believe in.

philosophy: 哲学

这是我坚信的哲学

Part of a philosophy that I campaigned on, was elected for.

campaign: 参加竞选

这是我的竞选理念是我当选的原因

-Sarah: I have to go back to Fox River.

我要回狐狸河

I have to be there when they kill this man.

这个人被处死时我必须在场

The least you could do is review his case.

least: 至少 review: 检验;审核

至少你能看看他的案子

And, Dad, if it helps... pretend it didn't come from me.

pretend: 假装

爸爸, 如果可以不要当是我来求你

-Burrows: I've never given a damn about what people thought of me.

过去我不在乎人们怎么想我

Never.

从不

The last couple of days... I gotta admit, you know...

admit: 承认

过去几天, 我得承认

Lee Harvey Oswald, John Wilkes Booth...

Lee Harvey Oswald

刺杀肯尼迪的人 John L Spooks

Lincoln Burrows. I'm gonna go down in history with these freaks.

freak: 疯子

Lincoln Burrows 我要和这些变态遗臭万年

Bitch of it all is I didn't do it.

bitch: 母狗,泼妇

我就是这样, 我没做过

I didn't do it!

我没有做过!

I didn't do it.

我没有做过!

-Pope: It's time.

时间到了

-* guard: Warden!

warden: *长

狱长

-Pope: What is it?

什么事

-* guard: It's the governor.

州长

-Pope: Yes, Governor.

是, 州长

Okay.

好的

I understand.

我理解

The governor has reviewed your case fully.

州长完整地浏览了你的案子

He's not granting clemency.

grant: 准许;准予 clemency: 宽恕

你不可获特赦

Let's proceed.

proceed: 继续进行

执行吧

-Caroline: You did your country and your party a great service.

service: 贡献,功劳 party: 党派

你为你的国家, 你的党做了贡献

It won't go unnoticed.

unnoticed: 不被注意的

这些不会被忘记

Thank you, Madame Vice President.

谢谢, 副总统女士

-Sarah’s father: Thank you, Governor.

谢谢, 州长先生

-Berwick: Can't go past here

你们不能过去

Once he's in the death chamber, you'll be escorted to the viewing room.

chamber: 房间  escort: 陪同  view: 看

当他进入死刑室你们会被送到观刑间

-Veronica: Can I...

我能否...

-Berwick: Yeah.

可以

-Veronica: I have loved you since the first time I saw you.

第一眼见到你, 我就爱上了你

-Pope: Uncuff him.

uncuff: 解开手铐,cuff的反义词

解开手铐

Let's go, son.

走吧孩子

-Burrows:  I didn't kill that man, Michael.

swear: 发誓

我没杀人, Michael

-Michael: Swear to me.

向我起誓

-Burrows:  I swear to you.

我向你发誓, Michael

-Michael: Preparation can only take you so far.

preparation: 准备工作

准备工作只能做到这步

After that, you got to take a few leaps of faith.

leap: 激增,剧增 faith: 信念

之后,就要靠你的信念了

-Veronica: Don't give up on me.

不要放弃我

-Michael: what if something's happened to you?

如果你出事了怎么办?

-Burrows: You just have a little faith.

要有点信念

-Michael: Just have a little faith.

要有点信念

-Burrows: How about every Sunday, we have our own special breakfast?

own: 自己的 special: 特别的

每个星期天我给你做顿特别早餐

Just you and me

你我之间

- L.J: Yeah.

-Burrows: Give me your hand.

把手给我

You got to have faith, LJ.

要有信念, LJ

- L.J: I love you, Dad.

我爱你, 爸爸

-Burrows: I came in here a man. Give me the strength to walk out of here a man.

strength: 力量

赐我力量, 让我走出这里...